Open a channel to our Lightning Network node, effective 15 April 2019, updated 12 November 2020:
We are accessible on the following explorers:
CryptoAssets Connection Policy
- The minimum channel size is 250000 satoshis.
- In the event of a channel breach, we will keep the funds.
- We do not automatically reciprocate channels opened to us.
- We do not guarantee channels will remain active, balanced, or open, without a contractual agreement.
CryptoAssets Fee Policy
- Our base fee is non-zero to prevent spam.
- Our fee rate settings are higher than the default; in line with our costs and risks in operating a node.
- We will evaluate the fee rate from time to time.
- Make sure to evaluate base fee and fee rate of parties you open channels to, or request incoming liquidity from.
- If purchasing incoming liquidity, make sure they’re not taking advantage by charging undisclosed high fees on the channel.
- A party volunteering incoming liquidity can set whatever fee policy covers their risk and costs.
- (2020-11-12) The current median fee base fee is 1.000000 sat, and the median fee rate is 0.000001 sat according to 1ml statistics. This is the same as defaults in the software.
- Due to risks and cost of operating a node, examples with high fee rate exist, e.g. up to 1 sat on large capacity channels, a million times higher than the default.
- (2022-07-01) A base fee of zero allows someone to send 1 million small transactions, causing a load on your node as each transaction requires a record in the database. A base fee greater than zero prevents this.
Lighting Network Donations
Please make donations via donate.cryptoassets.co.za