The CryptoAssets Association is a not-for-profit organisation with a goal to promote adoption and innovation in blockchain-related technology in South Africa. Our mission:
- Provide education, valuable information and a neutral, trusted opinion in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
- Foster cooperation between members of the ecosystem via a common code of conduct and industry-accepted set of standards.
- Unite South African crypto asset entrepreneurs, hobbyists, makers, innovators, operators, businesses and individuals as members; and engage regulators to present a unified voice.
- Provide infrastructure and resources for members and the community.
We have previously submitted two papers in 2019 and 2020 (https://cryptoassets.co.za/submissions/) in response to draft regulations by the regulators with our position where we highlighted our concern about over-regulation of the industry and hindering some of the great innovation we’ve seen coming from South Africans. Additionally, we actively run Bitcoin full nodes and Lightning nodes to provide local liquidity.
To this end, we are actively looking for working members to assist us in building on this vision! If you are passionate about the crypto industry and have some skills that would be an asset (clever huh) we would really appreciate the help! Assistance is welcome across finance, legal, technical, marketing, community management – really anything 🙂
Some of the items on the roadmap include:
- Establish the non profit (voluntary association)
- Agree to a charter and code of conduct for everyone
- Define the membership structure and benefits
- Set up working groups for community education, regulatory responses, community membership, technical resources
- Enable the organization to respond to the ever evolving needs of CryptoAssets members